Chicken With Bacon Casserole Recipe



I was given a challenage by my hubby to come up with a recipe using a can of cream of chicken soup, so naturally I come up with a chicken casserole recipe. I chose to use a rectangular baking dish instead of a round casserole dish since I used 6 chicken breasts.

Chicken With Bacon Casserole Recipe

6 Chicken Breasts
6 Strips of bacon cut into thirds
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 can of water
2 c. frozen peas or use 1 can of peas
2 Tsp. Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 c. Bread Crumbs
1/4 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Wash and pat dry your chicken breasts and place in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish. In a small bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, 1/2 can of water, 2 cup of frozen peas, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over your chicken breasts. Take your 6 slices of bacon and cut into thirds. Place the bacon strips on top of the soup mixture. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. (see photo above) Place casserole into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and sprinkle on the cheddar cheese. Place back into the oven for 5 additional minutes or until the cheese is just melted.

My husband preferred to have his served in a bowl as he wanted a lot of the soupy pea mixture on top of his chicken, I preferred mine served on a plate.



Shelly
http://my.tupperware.com/Ravish30

Popular entries