Breakfast Pizza




Years ago, a woman at work told me that her grade school daughter ate cold pizza for breakfast that morning.  I’m guessing she was waiting for me to be aghast but I told her that was probably better for her than some of the cereals, etc. out there. 

Cold pizza right out of the refrigerator sounds like a good thing to me early in the morning!  I doubt if my sons ever had pizza for breakfast when they were young as there probably was never any left over…

Last month, this pizza by the sugar queen got my attention and it is a true breakfast pizza.  I actually made it for dinner the other evening instead of breakfast.  It’s simple and good, a little rich with the crescent rolls.  Bill gave it rave reviews and so did I.  I used cooked crumbled bulk pork sausage and lots of Co-Jack.  Thanks Sugar Queen!  It was delicious!




Here’s Sugar Queen’s recipe:

Breakfast Pizza

1 (8-oz) container Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 (10-oz) pkg sausage links, cooked according to pkg directions and sliced*
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded or sliced
4 oz Cheddar or Colby (I used a whole 8-oz pkg of shredded Co-Jack cheese - original recipe calls for all Monterey Jack cheese. I  have always done half Monterey Jack and half Cheddar or Colby)
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Generously grease a 9 x 13" pan and lay the crescent rolls flat, pressing the seams together. Layer on the sausages, and then the cheese. Beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all and bake 425 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cooked through and cheese is melted and browned. Do not overbake.
*This would be good with a bulk Italian sausage, browned. You can use any sausage you want, really.


It would be perfect for breakfast/brunch over the holidays!



Check out my friend, Linda’s blog, at My Kind of Cooking for her great recipes and cookbook giveaway!



Popular entries