AGATHI KEERAI THANNI SAARU/AGATHI LEAVES CHARU

                            This agathi leaves is very good for health and this saaru especially, will cure mouth and tongue ulcers and good for your stomach. Coconut milk and jeera adds more goodness! I dono exactly what's the English name,so if anybody knows,share it,you are most welcome!

DSC_0396

Ingredients:

Agathi leaves 1 (tightly packed) cup
Coconut grated 1/2 cup
Shallots/small onions 10 nos.
Jeera/Cumin seeds 1/2 tblsp
Water 3 1/2 cups (or as needed)
Salt As needed
Sugar A pinch

Method:

  1. Separate the agathi leaves from the stem and wash and keep aside.
    DSC_0398
  2. Slice onions into circles and crush jeera and keep aside.
  3. Grind coconut with little warm water and extract the milk.Using warm water while grinding coconut ensures we get easily milk from the coconut.
    DSC_0404
  4. Boil water with salt,add onions, jeera ,followed by the agathi leaves with a pinch of sugar.
    DSC_0409 DSC_0410
  5. Keep in low flame and boil uncovered till the leaves get cooked.
    DSC_0417
  6. Put off the flame and add the coconut milk and mix well and transfer to the serving bowl.
    DSC_0418
  7. You can have this as a soup or mix with rice and eat.The consistency should be very thin like a rasam.
  8. You can adjust agathi leaves and water accordingly.
    DSC_0426_thumb4
                               And now I want to thank people who shared awards with me . Its been long time they passed me these awards but I have been delayingsmile_eyeroll
                          Good Job Award                      
               My first ever award have been from Anudivya, she made my day bright by passing the good job award! Sripriya too passed me the same:) Thank you foodies! I will never forget this one coz,its my first award;D
              Then  Raaji , Bhawna and Vijaya Passed me award for coolest looking blog they ever knew;D  Thank you So much:)
                                  butterfly_award_jpg[1] (1)
              Last but not least Neema passed me the chocoholic award to me,that's so nice of you neema that you thought about me:)
                                    chocoholic1
              I am passing  the  Chocoholic award to the blogger friends below:
              Uma,Sripriya,Kitchen flavours, Cham,Kalai and Vij!!!!
                Congrats to all!!!
                        UPDATE: Click here and  here  for more info about the leaves!(thanx Uma for the info!)

                        Popular entries