Chocolate Truffles

Chocolate Truffles
I need a chocolate fix like I need a bullet in my brain. I have no idea what is happening to me but blogging. Since blogging on this page there is an insurgence of sweets in my house which is adding layers around my middle. I keep promising myself to go on a goat’s diet (vegetarian, the last time I heard of it) but the day evades me like a smart repartee when it’s most needed. I lust over all the red radish, artichoke, broccoli and some other exotic vegetables neatly stacked in the fresh market. However, I came away empty handed blaming the prices.
Well, the only solace is that chocolates have antioxidants. I am going to turn a blind eye on the heavy cream and sugar which is meager. Anyways, marketing a health product is not my idea today but to bring to you some pictures of the truffles I whipped up.
The best reason for me to show you the truffles today is the birthday girl. Happy Birthday Nami, and may the Lord bless you with many more. I forgive myself for indulging in all the sweets this once because the truffles are in honor of your birthday.
Chocolate Truffles
I used:
2 packs 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate (Ghirardelli) which amounts to 226 gms or 8 oz
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbspn butter
1 tspn vanilla essence
2 tspn sugar
1 tbspn of brandy
Chocolate Truffles
Method:
1. Break cacao and place in a heat proof bowl. I used a glass bowl which I knew can take the heat of boiling cream on it.
2. Bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil. Take it off when it starts bubbling
3. Pour over the cacao and let it stand for a while. (It is important to let mixture stand because this helps to bring down the temperature to the optimum required for emulsification of cacao and cream to happen)
4. Whisk till creamy stirring from the inside out without creating any air bubbles . No heavy beating is required just stir using the whip to blend both into a smooth mixture
5. Refrigerate for 3-6 hours
6. Once they have set scoop out spoon fulls and make a ball of it with you fingers
7. Roll in confectioners sugar or cacao powder and use it and refrigerate the remaining.

I found that that the cacao was sticking to the hand and decided to refrigerte the truffles overnight before eating them.

Recipe: Adapted from Joy of Baking

Contributor: Sunitha

Popular entries