KOTHAMALLI/CORIANDER LEAVES THOGAIYAL

                             We love this thogaiyal,its a very tangy,flavorful spicy one! I make this now a days frequently and use for 3-4 days. My hubby,my brother and my BIL’s too love to eat thogaiyals! So here I am posting for you all and for my future reference too!

DSC_1268

           We enjoy this usually by mixing this with hot rice and sesame oilDrooling.

Ingredients:

Fresh coriander leaves 1 bunch
Urad dal/ulutham paruppu 2 - 3 tblsp
Red chilies(long variety) 8-10 nos.
Tamarind small lemon sized
Jaggery (optional) 1 peanut sized piece
Salt as needed(I used 1 1/2 tsp)
Oil 1/2 tsp

Method:

  1. Remove the root part and the stem part that is close to the root part of the coriander leaves.
  2. Wash and keep aside.
  3. Roast the urad dal and red chilies till golden brown.After cooled down, First grind red chilies,tamarind,salt,jaggery.
    DSC_1250
  4. Then add the coriander leaves(chopped roughly) and the urad dal and add two tblsp of water and grind to a coarse paste.
  5. Keep in refrigerator and use for 3-4 days.
  6. Enjoy with rice or idly,dosas!

DSC_1277

Popular entries