Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms in Bourbon Jelly






Sometimes you just need a little bourbon!  

We were near Louisville, KY, in bourbon country, a while back and I saw a jar of bourbon jelly on the sideboard at the bed and breakfast where we were staying.  I enquired about it and was told how delicious it is on biscuits, pancakes, etc. so of course; I bought a jar of it.  He was right, it is!

Last night while I was sautéing chicken breasts, I looked in the refrigerator for something to complement the chicken and saw the bourbon jelly sitting there.  So, I grabbed it and the bottle of Nellie & Joe’s Lime Juice.  (If you’ve never used it, it’s the best!)  Then mushrooms were added, a little garlic powder, salt and pepper and dinner was about ready.

Since the jelly was a little sweet, I counteracted this with the lime juice.  They blended great together and along with the tomato salad, dinner was a delicious thing!

Now, I hear that there is Cherry Bourbon Jelly….






Sautéed Chicken Breasts Mushrooms in Bourbon Jelly

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
3 or 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup bourbon jelly
1/3 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
Add chicken breasts and cook for 10 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sauté.
Whisk together jelly, lime juice and garlic powder, add to chicken.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook until chicken is tender and done.

Yum!!!



Popular entries