My BLTE, not your BLT!






What, no egg on the BLT?

I grew up eating bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches with an over-hard fried egg in the sandwich.  This was the way Mom always made them and I thought that was the way everyone ate them!

This is probably our favorite sandwich in the summer time next to a burger!  The egg added to a BLT makes a huge difference and is definitely a great meal.  I usually serve this for supper and not much else is needed, maybe some potato chips and a good garlic dill pickle.  It’s a very filling, delicious sandwich!

BLTE’s were new to Bill until I prepared it one evening for supper after we were just married.  He LOVED it!  Then, when his parents visited us in Louisville and the Beefstake tomatoes in Dad’s garden were in their glory, I served BLTE’s for lunch.  Bill’s dad LOVED it!  From that point on, it was only BLTE’s for him also!

And, speaking of potato chips, there is one brand you must absolutely try!  I was hooked on Conn’s Potato Chips after having them for the first time years ago at my brother’s house in Lancaster, Ohio!  After eating Conn’s Chips, no other potato chip compares.  I have no idea why these are so different from all the others.  Maybe it has to do with the type of grease they are fried in.  They’re crunchy crisp with an amazingly great potato chip flavor.  Conn’s Chips are not available here so I order them from their website whenever we need a potato chip fix.

There’s nothing like a great fresh tomato from the garden and a BLTE ~ plus Conn’s Chips!


My BLTE’s

Ingredients:

6 slices bacon, fried crisp
2 eggs, fried over-hard
2 large slices tomato
Lettuce
Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
4 slices bread, toasted

Method:

Fry bacon crisp.
Break eggs in skillet; puncture yolk, fry till done on one side, flip, fry on other side.
Assemble the 2 sandwiches.

Enjoy!!!

How do you make your BLT?



Popular entries