CHILLI PAROTA

                        This post is a long time pending post,my friend Sangeeta  requested long time back to post this recipe! I was bit hesitant coz of the photography part,as I always make this for dinner,and I hate to take pictures in the night….But last week itself I promised her that,I will post it for her,but I din’t kept my promise…So sorry Sangeeta,but its better to be late,than never.

Chilli parotta!

                     As I was afraid,the photos, especially the step wise pictures are really ugly,I am not satisfied,not even a 10 percent :( I will make sure to update the pictures one day when I get to make in the evening and the lighting is better…

INGREDIENTS:

Frozen parota 2 nos.
Oninon 1  no.,big 
Capsicum 1 no .,big
Garlic 3 nos.
Ginger(optional) 1 inch piece
Green Chillies 3 nos.
Coriander leaves,chopped 3 tblsp,
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Sambar powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder(optional) 1/4 tsp
Chilli sauce or tomato sauce 1 tsp
Salt As needed
Spring onion(Optional) 2 tblsp
Grated carrot (optional) 2 tblsp
Oil 1 tblsp

Method:

  1. Toast parotta as usual to golden brown in a pan and cool down,cut into desired size pieces. I usually use knife or kitchen scissors for this. You can cut into small bite size squares or even thin strips,…its our wish  how we want it to be.
    cut parotta pieces
  2. Chop the onions in to chunks and slice the capsicums into thin strips.
  3. Crush the garlic (with skin) and finely chop the ginger.
  4. Slit the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves,use the stem part too.
  5. Heat a broad non stick pan with oil and add the crushed garlic first,when it turns golden brown,add the chopped ginger and fry just a while.(I dint add ginger,as I dint had any in hand)
    Crushed garlic,fry
  6. Add the onion and fry till transparent ,followed by the capsicums and coriander leaves.
    Fry onion
  7. Fry for a minute in high flame,(and if you know tossing,toss them in such a way that it gets exposed to direct fire,it smells awesome! Or else) just fry for a minute in high flame.
    Add capsicum and coriander leaves
  8. Add the powders mentioned and sprinkle needed salt and add the sauce.
    Adding powders and sauce
  9. Lower the flame to minimum and just make sure that all gets evenly spread .
    mix well
  10. Add the cut parotta pieces and mix it so that everything coats the parota pieces properly.
    Add parotta pieces Mix well and garnish!
  11. Lastly add more coriander leaves,spring onion and carrot,give it a stir and serve Hot! You can serve it with onion raita!

Chilli parotta!

Note:

  • You can add 1 chopped tomato while frying and avoid tomato/chilli sauce.
  • You can also deep fry the parotta pieces (which I hope ,no one in this era will do ,as we all are health conscious)

Popular entries