SWEET ‘N’ SALTY AJWAIN /OMA BISCUIT | HOMEMADE BISCUITS

  I love the salty,crispy biscuits flavoured with omam(carom seeds in English) those we get in bakeries … I love that smell a lot,smells divinely! I wanted to try my hands baking them too..so I was searching for the recipe.I bookmarked one which sounded easy to try, also it was with ajwain.
Oma biscuits / Ajwain biscuits   
    So I tried that one,though its not salty(its sweet and salty) the biscuits turned out very tasty and flavourful! I could smell my childhood memories …Hee hee.I made few changes to the recipes..

Ingredients:

All purpose flour/Maida 1 & 1/2 cup
Oil (I used sunflower oil) 1/4 cup
Ghee or butter 1 tsp
Ajwain/Omam/Carom seeds 1 tsp heaped
Salt 3/4 tsp
Sugar 1 & 1/2 tblsp
Milk 6 tblsp
Curd 1 tblsp
Oma bisuits

Method:

  1. In a bowl,mix well flour,oil,ghee,ajwain,salt,sugar and curd until the mixture is crumbly in look.(I forgot and added milk,hehe)
    Ingredients
  2. Then add the milk and knead it to a smooth dough.
    add milk
  3. It should not have cracks. If you think you need more milk(add 1 or 2 tsp to make it smooth).
    Dough
  4. Roll into a thin layer,in well dusted platform/counter top. Then use a cookie cutter of your desired shape and cut it out to biscuits. Prick with fork to prevent puffing up.
    DSC_2365
  5. Preheat oven to 1800C and bake these biscuits in a greased baking tray for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the biscuit starts to turn golden brown in colour.
    Bake
  6. I divided the dough to two and baked in two batches. My cookie cutter was a tiny one. So I had to cut it with ‘a bit extra’ effort.. You can use a big cookie cutter and finish the job with ease.
  7. Store in airtight container and enjoy these truly flavourful crispies…Tastes and smell more ‘bakery’ style from the next day of baking.
Sweet and salt biscuits flavoured with carom seeds

Also sending my post Baby corn manchurian which I tried from Nag’s Edible garden to Jayasri ravi’s Blogger marathon event..

Baby corn manchurian

Popular entries