Banana Chocolate Chips Muffin

It’s freezing here! I need no excuse to bake, but when it gets cold like this, there truly is a need to bake. The warmth of the kitchen that smells of vanilla, chocolate and fruits is an irresistible combination.

Also, my daughter has been pressing me to keep some of my promises. I keep telling her I will bake this or that, and she never fails to remind me every so often. Therefore, here I am keeping some promises, enjoying the warmth and aroma of baking goodies, and telling you this is the way to go.

Ghiradelli chocolate chips, the king in this recipe. I have fallen head over heels yet again.

You don’t need an excuse to bake these, they are the excuse themselves.


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin


I used some Ghiradelli chocolate chips this time.Oh boy ! they are really good :-)

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Believe me, kids will just love this!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin

Ingredients:

Flour- 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- a pinch
Cinnamon- 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg powdered- 1/8 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Banana- 1 big mashed
Egg- 1
Milk- 3/4 cup
Vegetable Oil- 1/4 cup
Granulated sugar- scant1/2 cup
Chocolate chips- ~1 cup
Nuts, chopped (optional- 1/4 cup


Method:

1.Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon powder.
2.Preheat the oven at 375 degree F and line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease well.
3.Using a hand blender mix together the sugar ,oil,egg,milk and mashed banana.
4.Mix in the flour mixture .
5.Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
6.Fill the muffin pan 3/4th and bake for ~18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7.Cool on a wire rack.


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin


Contributor: Namitha

Popular entries