Stuck on Lunch


I have become officially boring.  For someone who loves food, experiments and tries new recipes all the time, when I'm home  I eat the same lunch every day.  What's up with that?? Please tell me it's not age!  

Consider that I only have to feed myself at lunch...so I could choose anything. Or try something new. But I rarely take advantage of it...unless the kids are home of course, or I have company. I always seem to get stuck on lunch kicks, but this particular one has lasted nearly 6 months. I should make and post a list of all my odd ball lunch obsessions over the years. I've had some dandies. One thing they all have in common, they are fairly quick and easy to make.


Are you ready for this (dare I even call it) recipe? Keep in mind salads are not my favorite thing, unless someone else has made it for me. All that cutting and slicing for one person. Uh uh. But I will confess, I was on a salad kick (I was crazy for Ken's lo-cal Raspberry and Walnut vinaigrette at the time) once for an entire year. I moved on after discovering this latest lunch gem. When I find something I like, I'll stick to it like glue. Truly pathetic.

Barbara's Stuffed Taco


First you take an 8 grain, lo-cal soft taco.



Then you throw it into a frying pan (no oil) just  to soften. Both sides. It goes fast, so watch it. If you let it go too long, it crisps and you can't roll it up. Just heat it through.


Then I spread some Laughing Cow cheese (only one, mind you) on it.....garlic and herb version, of course.



Then I break up some toasted pecans...and sprinkle a mixture of dried cranberries and dried cherries on top.


And top it off with 4 really thin slices of deli turkey.


Roll it up and voila! My lunch.  Every. Single. Day.


Nope, no salad, although  sometimes I add arugula, if there's any in the bin.

Are you still reading? I was right, wasn't I?  Same lunch every day = boring.

What about you? Do you take the same lunch to work every day? Pack the same lunch in your kid's lunchboxes? Or make the same lunch every time you're alone (cause nobody else will ever find out how mundane you are)?
Tell me I'm not the only one. What's your go-to lunch?

Popular entries