RASGULLA | PANEER DESSERT RECIPES

Rasgulla-paneer dessert Recipe
    I have had rasgulla only two or three times as rasgullas,otherwise I often buy Haldiram’s rasgulla tin and make Rasmalai. But when I always heard  through Jeyashri about the recipe,I wanted her to post,but now I got curious and tried myself my hand and today very morning I called her and took the recipe and just tried it out. The result was awesome… I am not a big fan of rasgullas, but sure I can make this to the sinful Rasmalai which is our family favourite! I also referred Sailu’s Kitchen rasgulla recipe. Hope this post will help some of you as Diwali is nearing …
 

Ingredients

Milk(full cream) 1 Litre
Lemon juice 3 tblsp
Sugar 2 cups
Water 3 &1/2cups
Elachi powder 1 pinch
Ice cubes 12 nos
Nuts (optional) For garnish
Rasgulla

Method

  1. Heat the milk,when it start to boil,simmer the flame, add the lemon juice and stir properly.
    boil milk
  2. Heat further until the whey water clearly separates. Put off the flame.
    curdled
  3. Add  the Ice cubes and mix well.
    add ice cube
  4. Take a metal strainer,lined with a cheese cloth/muslin cloth(I used my dupatta). Pour the curdled milk in it.
    washing
  5. Wash it well in the running water under the tap to remove the lemon smell and sourness.
     washed
  6. Then squeeze the excess water gently and hang it for 30 minutes. I just squeezed the excess water now and then very gently as my dupatta dint drain the water by itself. But its not a must if the cloth is proper.
    drained
  7. After 1/2 hour,take out the paneer in a bowl.I will be now more like a crumble look wise.
    crumble texture paneer
  8. Now knead this for 7-10 minutes gently to make it like a soft and smooth dough.
    Paneer dough
  9. Make smooth equal sized small balls. I made some 25 balls,you can adjust the number according to the size you decide to get.
  10. Apparently take the sugar,elachi powder and water in a pressure cooker and boil it.
    bring to boil
  11. After the sugar gets dissolved completely and the syrup boils,add the balls made carefully one by one.
    Rasgulla-add the paneer balls
  12. Cover the pressure cooker and cook it till you get one whistle in low flame. After a whistle,simmer more and keep for another 5 minutes.
    Rasgulla-pressure cook
  13. Put off the flame and let the pressure gets released by itself,then open the lid to see the rasgullas – by now it would have doubled in size.
    Rasgulla-cooked-doubled size
  14. Cool down and refrigerate and serve chilled! 

 
Rasgulla

Or enjoy it making the Rasmalai! So what you are going to make-Rasgulla or Rasmalai??Batting Eyelashes
 
Notes

  • Use lemon juice as mentioned and the milk should boil while you add the lemon juice.
  • The kneading part is very important,knead smooth and soft with patience.

Popular entries