MILK KESARI / KESARI USING MILK

      I learnt this only after marriage after my MIL made this. Till then I used to hate sweets and wont eat much sweets. But I was surprised myself when I wanted to eat more ‘n’ more when she gave me some… That time I was pregnant… Smile May be that’s the reason. After that my whole taste and cravings were different from before. My hubby always likes milk Kesari over the ordinary Kesari…So here’s the recipe of Kesari using milk.

Paal Kesari

Ingredients(Recipe updated, as I lost the old post pictures)

Sooji/rava 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Milk 1 & 1/2 cup
Saffron or yellow food colour(Optional) A small pinch
Elachi (optional) 1 ,powdered
Ghee 2-3 tblsp
Method
  • Roast rava with a teaspoon of ghee till nice aroma rises.
  • In a heavy bottomed vessel or a nonstic pan preferably,boil milk.
  • Add Roasted rava in a sprinkled way without forming any lumps,with constant stirring.
  • Simmer the stove and cook covered.(3-4 min approx)
  • Take care not to let burnt.. at the bottom of the vessel,as milk sticks to the vessel easily..
  • Add the sugar and again stir well with constant mashing,to avoid forming any lumps... If there are few lumps,mash them. Some can get mashed easily after the kesari gets thick.
  • After adding sugar,the kesari turns bit on runny side,but after sometime it will get thickened.
  • This milk kesari needs more sugar than the ordinary kesari  ...the ratio of sooji:sugar:milk is 1:2:3.
  • Add ghee little by little and keep stirring.
  • Add all the ghee and keep cooking till ghee oozes out.This totally takes some 6-8 minutes approx. 
  • Spread in a greased plate,decorate with cashews fried in ghee(optional)..!!Enjoy...

Milk Kesari-Kesari using milk

Notes:

  • Milk kesari is supposed to be white in colour and my MIL doesnt add any colour or cashew or elachi.This will give the milk taste dominantly.
  • I added a little saffron,hence the mild yellow colour.

Popular entries