Tuna Macaroni Salad





Bill says, “Why don’t you make tuna macaroni salad like my Mom did?”  I can’t tell you what I say…

This time of year, Bill reminisces about being a kid at the family picnic, anticipating beating his uncles in the baseball game and eating his Mom’s tuna mac salad.  He claims it was the best and I’m a believer because I’d never had it before.



Bill, circa 1960




Unfortunately, I don’t know the recipe but I try my best to replicate his Mom’s; however,  there are so many possibilities:    chunks of tuna, sweet pickle slices, pickle relish, sliced olives, onions, mayo, miracle whip, mustard, celery, green onions, red onions, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper.  So many things and I’ve tried them all in countless combinations…

This is the way I usually make it; it’s pretty simple and it makes Bill and me happy. 

Do you like macaroni tuna salad and if so how do you make yours?

Here’s mine:




Tuna Macaroni Salad

Ingredients:

8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
12 ounces Albacore tuna, drained
½ cup red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons pickle relish
1 tablespoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon celery seed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup Miracle Whip

Method:

After macaroni is cooked and drained well, add remaining ingredients and blend.
Refrigerate for several hours and serve.

Sooo good!!!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog @My Kind of Cooking for great tips, recipes.  She’s having a Double Giveaway now!











Popular entries