My Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwich!




My favorite meal of the day is breakfast but it is slipping fast as the most important meal of the day according to experts.  It has just slipped to sixth place, below brunch and above midnight snack.  “Significant gains by lunch and dessert badly damaged breakfast’s standing in the late 1900’s,” culinary analyst Myron Jeffries said. 

So, here’s to lunches’ gaining and this takes me to a great thing Bill makes for lunch occasionally.  He makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich but, his chicken salad sandwich is a close second.  I’m very happy to have roasted chicken for dinner because I can be pretty sure this lunch will follow in a day or two. 

I can make chicken salad myself but I’ve come to the conclusion that what really makes Bill’s chicken salad sandwiches so good is that he dices the chicken into larger pieces than I normally do.  But then, there’s something else ~ he uses MAYONNAISE!  If you’ve read a few of my posts, you know I’m a Miracle Whip kind of girl.  I forgive him though as he makes a great hearty delicious chicken salad sandwich!



Here’s his recipe:

Bill’s Chicken Salad Sandwich

Ingredients:

1 cup chicken breast, roasted and diced
½ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons pickle relish
¼ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
Your favorite bread, toasted

Method:

In a mixing bowl, add first 5 ingredients.
Toss gently until well combined.
Assemble the sandwich.


Yum!  It’s a great filling sandwich!

What goes into your chicken salad sandwich?



Don’t forget to enter my give-away posted on July 20th!       Here's the link:

http://pamsmidwestkitchenkorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-give-away-time.html 





Popular entries