Egg Omelette Masala Rice

My mom used to make egg rice to my sister almost twice a week atleast while she was doing her schooling, she used to go through her school bus, her school is one of the famouse girl's school in Pondicherry and its an obligation for my mom to cook twice a day, yea early morning she makes delicious lunch box dishes for my sister and then later she prepare our lunch, all her lunch box dishes makes me hungry and i wait eagerly to taste some of those leftover dishes...I always fond for one pot meal and i often make my mom's egg rice, this time when i was preparing a birthday party for my daughter i planned to make out some mild spicy dishes as all her classmates doesnt eat that much spicy dishes, immediately my mom's egg rice came to my mind since its goes for just chopped green chillies or either pepper powder, for a change i prepared this rice by preparing a big omelette in a pan and cut them as cubes, finally i added them along with mildly spiced masala rice ..My daughter's friends enjoyed having this rice, a huge bowl of this rice vanished within few minutes...

Egg Omelette RIce

5nos Eggs
2nos Onions(chopped)
2nos Green chillies (chopped)
3cups Cooked rice
1/2tsp Pepper powder
2nos Bay leaves
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/4tsp Cumin seed powder
1tsp Garam masala powder
Salt
Oil
Few sping onions (chopped)
Few mint leaves (chopped)

Beat the eggs with pepper powder and salt, keep aside..make a huge omelette by heating with few drops of oil in a pan,keep aside and cut them as cubes ...Heat few drops of oil, fry the bayleaves, cumin seeds..add immediately the onions,chopped green chillies,saute for few minutes...add now cumin seed powder, garam masala powder and salt..saute until the raw smells goes away, now add the cooked rice and cubed egg pieces..Toss everything gently until everything get well mixed, cook everything in simmer for few minutes, finally add the chopped spring onions, chopped mint leaves , give a stir..

Serve warm without any side dish!!

Popular entries