Crock Pot Apple Butter For Canning Recipe

During the fall months, I enjoy making and canning our own apple butter. When I make my apple butter, I use my crock pot to cook it. I will load up the crock pot with my recipe ingredients before I go to bed and then the next morning, it will be ready for you to can.



Crock Pot Apple Butter



Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)

2 1/2 cups granulated sugar

4 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon cloves

1 teaspoon table salt

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

1 (25 ounce) jar applesauce



Fill your 3 quart or larger crock pot with peeled and sliced apple wedges. Mix up the granulated sugar, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cider vinegar and dump into the crockpot. Finally stir in the jar of applesauce. Cook mixture on high for 1 hour and then turn down the crock pot to the low setting. Let mixture cook down for 6 hours without scorching it. Once its done cooking, mash it with a potato masher or run through your blender on the low setting. Ladle mixture into hot sterlized canning jars and seal. Process in your water bath canner for 10 minutes and then remove them from the water bath to cool.



Stainless Steel Cookware, Energy Efficient - 360 Cookware

Popular entries