PURPLE CABBAGE WITH MACARONI - PORIYAL

                   This is a recipe, I learnt from my mother-in-law,and she learnt it from a TV show. This is a favorite dish Red heartfor all our family members.And who ever guests,coming for lunch,and if I want to impress them,I will surely make this and they too have liked this...so farThumbs-up...And purple cabbage and macaroni gives a nice volume,so really helps you out if you are cooking for more peopleSecret telling!. Give it a try and you all too will sure like it, I hope!!

 DSC_1530

Ingredients:

Purple Cabbage 1 cup Chopped finely
Macaroni 1 fist full (or more also,as per wish)
Green chillies 3-4 nos.
Onion 1
Coconut 4 tblsp
Oil 1 tsp for cooking macaroni
Salt as needed

DSC_1611-1

TO temper:

Mustard 1/2 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Oil 1 tsp

METHOD

  1. Chop cabbage, boil it adding salt and once get cooked strain and keep a side.(or steam cook)
    DSC_1616 DSC_1632-1
  2. Boil macaroni in water with a tsp of oil added to it and cook for 8 minutes(or till done).Strain the macaroni once done and keep aside.
    DSC_1608-1 DSC_1623-1
  3. Chop onion,green chilli ,grate coconut and keep aside.
    CIMG5273
  4. Heat oil in kadai and add mustard,urad dal followed by curry leaves.
  5. Add onion,green chillies fry till onion turns transparent.
  6. Then add cabbage and fry for 2 minutes.
    DSC_1634-1
  7. Lastly add macaroni,mix well and then coconut and fry for a minute.
  8. Transfer to the serving dish,enjoy as an accompaniment for rice!!

DSC_1531

And a long time due to thank to all those who passed me these lovely awards!! Thank you vidhas,vibhas,Priti,Malar and Lakshmi for the awardsParty! I am really thrilled and honored!I am happy that you remembered me!

 [goodchat.jpg]    

Now its my time to pass Winking award!

“Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”

I pass this award to Priti,Lakshmi,Vidhas,Jayasri and Vibhas.

And,

[purpose.jpg]

award to Malar,Vij,premy and Chitra.

And,

[yum-yumaward.jpg]

award to Jaishree,Lubna,Sujatha and Varsha!!

These awards I am passing whole heartedly to all above as they deserve themLove Struck.

Popular entries